By Sharon Aron Baron
Aspiring young actors in Coconut Creek have a unique opportunity to showcase their talents and learn the intricacies of theater arts as the local Youth Theater Program announces its presentation of Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast Jr.”
This program, open to the community’s young stars, offers comprehensive training in various aspects of theater production, culminating in a magical live performance.
Set to begin on February 7 and run through June 1; the program promises to immerse participants in the theater world. From learning character breakdowns and vocal projection to mastering the art of set and prop building, the program is designed to provide a well-rounded theatrical education.
Auditions for the program are scheduled for Wednesday, February 7, at 6:30 p.m. at the Recreation Complex, located at 4455 Sol Press Boulevard.
The program will run on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and on Saturdays from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The registration fee is $200 for Coconut Creek residents and $220 for non-residents. It is important to note that participants are responsible for their own costumes. Those interested can register online at CoconutCreek.net/WebTrac or in person at the Recreation Complex or the Community Center located at 1100 Lyons Road.
This special presentation of Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast Jr.” is made possible through a special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). The Youth Theater Program offers a platform for young talents to shine and serves as a community-building activity that brings together families and theater enthusiasts.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Celebrate Coconut Creek’s Butterfly Festival with Fun, Food and Fireworks
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Coconut Creek Holds Touch-A-Truck Extravaganza for 2024
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024New Women’s Pickleball League Launches in Coconut Creek
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a Family-Friendly Workshop in Coconut Creek