By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas cross country team is back with a stellar performance to kick off their season.
On Wednesday, the Eagles competed in the Broward County Atheltic Association Meet at Markham Park.
On the boy’s side, their top two runners were a pair of underclassmen in Cole Spinks and Coby Alhadeff. They ran alongside Teyve Singh, Emery Jackson, Andres Abreu, Quinn McCluskey, Cooper Roth, Jack Lickerman, and Noah Ryan.
The girl’s top result was from Ella Schwartz, who came in fourth place overall. Grace Mackenzie and Ester Bang were the next two to finish, followed by Mikayla Ryan, Michele Hirn, Riley Anders, and Zoha Haider.
“For the first meet of the year, everyone ran well, said Head Coach Mike Mauro. “The boys had a fantastic performance with all five varsity scorers finishing under 22 minutes.
Next, the Eagles will race again on Tuesday, September 6, at Tradewind Parks.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.26Coconut Creek Track and Field Competes in States for 1st Time Since 2018
- News2023.05.24North Broward Prep Student Named National Merit Finalist; 3 Seniors Announce College Picks
- News2023.05.05North Broward Prep Varsity and Middle School Baseball Win Championship; Former Star Makes MLB Debut
- News2023.04.213 Local Football Players Announce Commitment; 5 Players Selected to Showcases