By: Matt Rothman
The Parkland Pokers 13U team finished off another incredible season by winning their fifth tournament this season in the Perfect Game Springs World Series in Foyt Myers on May 1.
The Pokers went 5-0 after going 2-0 in pool play before winning three games on the final day. They beat Hard Ninety out of Daytona Beach 13-1 before defeating the 18th ranked team in the Country ZT Elite Florida out of Orlando 7-1. In the final, the Pokers defeated a Prime Baseball from Sarasota 10-2.
Head Coach Greg Raley can’t say enough good things about how his team has come together as they prepare for some big national events this summer.
“To do what they did at the Perfect Game Spring World Series with a loaded field of 38 teams speaks volumes to how well they are playing right now and what they are capable of down the road,” said Coach Raley.
The Pokers finished the season winning five championships and reaching the final in three more. They won the Prospect Wire Treasure Coast Classic, Perfect Game Holiday Classic, Perfect Game East Christmas Bash, and Perfect Game Weston Invitational, where they hit eight home runs and did not allow an earned run.
Next, the Pokers will play this weekend in Coral Springs and then head to the Prospect Wire Southeast Championships at the Ballpark of the Palm Beaches (Houston Astros Spring Training site).
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.26Coconut Creek Track and Field Competes in States for 1st Time Since 2018
- News2023.05.24North Broward Prep Student Named National Merit Finalist; 3 Seniors Announce College Picks
- News2023.05.05North Broward Prep Varsity and Middle School Baseball Win Championship; Former Star Makes MLB Debut
- News2023.04.213 Local Football Players Announce Commitment; 5 Players Selected to Showcases