By Bryan Boggiano
Parents and families will have a chance to meet their children’s principals and school board member before heading back to school.
The Parkland Chamber of Commerce is hosting a back-to-school Q&A session on Zoom with area principals and School Board Representative Lori Alhadeff on Wednesday, Aug. 3, starting at 6 p.m.
The event is free and open to everyone in the community.
Principals include Michelle Kefford from Stoneman Douglas High School, Westglades’s Matthew Bianchi, Heron Heights’s Meredith Weiss, Park Trails’s Arlene Manville, and Riverglades’s Jo-Anne Misiewicz Seltzer, Somerset’s Geyler Castro, and Mary Help of Christians’s Julienne Winneger.
According to Cindy Kaufman, director of programming, the Parkland Chamber of Commerce first held the back-to-school event in Aug. 2020 because of COVID.
Since then, the chamber continues to partner with the education community to provide parents and community members an opportunity to ask questions about the upcoming school year.
“We believe that parents and community members appreciate the rare opportunity to have a forum to speak directly with their school principals,” Kaufman said. “Access to school principals, school board members, and city officials is one of the many amazing benefits our chamber offers community members.”
Register for the back-to-school Q&A at the chamber of commerce’s website.
Due to time constraints, Kaufman encouraged parents and guests to email questions ahead of time to email@example.com.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk.
- A University of Florida journalism graduate, Bryan plans to pursue geosciences at Florida International University for his master's. He has a strong interest in weather, entertainment, and journalism.
- News2023.05.24Coconut Creek Commission Discusses Possible Litigation to Stop Turnpike Expansion
- News2023.05.22Coconut Creek City Commission To Consider SRO Contract With School Board
- News2023.02.28Coconut Creek Police Recognizes February 2023 “Do The Right Thing” Honorees
- News2023.01.31Coconut Creek Recognizes January 2023 Do the Right Thing Honorees