By Kevin Deutsch
The City of Coconut Creek will host a free drive-in showing of “The Santa Clause” on Friday, Dec. 22, at 7 p.m.
The holiday classic stars Tim Allen as Scott Calvin, who inadvertently makes Santa fall off his roof on Christmas Eve and finds himself magically recruited to take his place, according to a city press release.
The film will be shown on a three-story screen at the Butterfly Parking Lot, 5280 NW 40th St., directly east of the Seminole Casino Coconut Creek, according to the city. The drive-in movie will feature both sound and closed captioning.
The event will include a photo opportunity with Santa and Mrs. Claus and a trackless train ride. Both begin at 6 p.m. The movie will start an hour later. There will also be food trucks on-site.
The event is free to attend and no pre-registration is required.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsFebruary 13, 2024Coconut Creek Man Targeted in Online Sexual Extortion Scam
- NewsFebruary 9, 2024Romance Scammer Cons Coconut Creek Woman
- NewsJanuary 17, 2024Motorcycle Stolen From Coconut Creek Recovered in Miami
- NewsJanuary 14, 2024Pedestrian Killed by Car in Coconut Creek