By Ryan Yousefi
In a dispute over dog food, former Miami Dolphins running back Damien Williams was arrested and charged with battery of a pregnant victim.
According to arrest records, the Coconut Creek Police Department responded to a domestic violence call from a residence on January 22 at approximately 11:05 a.m., in which Williams, 31, was the reported aggressor.
Officers encountered a woman with visible injuries, including scratch marks and bruising on her arms and redness on her neck.
During an interview, the victim told officers that she was ten weeks pregnant with Williams’ child, a fact he was aware of.
The report indicates that the altercation allegedly began over a disagreement concerning their dog’s food and escalated rapidly. Williams is accused of initiating physical contact by grabbing the victim’s neck, leading to a physical altercation.
Despite the severity of the incident and her fresh injuries, the victim chose not to provide a recorded statement.
Williams was arrested and transported to the Broward County Main Jail.
Williams signed with the Miami Dolphins after entering the NFL as an undrafted free agent in 2014. His best moments as a professional came in 2019 as a member of the Kansas City Chiefs, where his performance in Super Bowl LIV, including two touchdowns in the game, helped secure the Chiefs’ victory. In 2023, Williams signed with the Las Vegas Raiders.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Absolute Queen Brings Bohemian Rhapsody to Life at the Township Performing Arts Center
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Man Arrested After Ramming Police Car to Escape Traffic Stop
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“I’m Going to Kill You”: Domestic Dispute Escalates into Gun Threat at Cinema
- News Service of FloridaFebruary 11, 2024“Do You Want to Die?”: Pregnant Woman Held Captive and Assaulted by Boyfriend