By Kevin Deutsch
Police have charged a Boca Raton man with murder in the killing of a Parkland real estate agent and mother fatally shot in her car in Coral Springs Thursday afternoon, police said.
Sara Trost, a 40-year-old real estate broker, killed on the job, was shot multiple times by Raymond Reese, 51, according to Coral Springs Police. Reese, of the 10200 block of Riverbend Terrace in Boca Raton, was being held without bond Friday morning at the Palm Beach County Jail, where authorities took him after his arrest in Boca Raton.
Trost, whose Facebook posts show she was a married mother of a little girl, as well as a pet-sheltering volunteer for Paw Patrol Animal Rescue and Sanctuary, was killed shortly before 12:30 p.m. Thursday as she sat in her car’s driver’s seat outside a home she was showing in the area of 5700 NW 48th Ct.
Despite immediate medical treatment, she died of her injuries on the scene and was pronounced dead, authorities said.
Coral Springs Police Department detectives conducted an immediate investigation and took Reese into custody after tracking him to Palm Beach County.
The department’s Crimes Against Persons Unit (CAPS) are actively investigating the killing and encourages anyone with information to contact Detective Brian Koenig at 954-346-1229 or BKoenig@coralsprings.org.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsDecember 2, 20232023 Holiday of Lights Caravan Coming to Coconut Creek
- NewsNovember 28, 2023Wrong-Way Crash Kills Coconut Creek Man
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Monarch High School Principal, Staffers Reassigned Amid Sports Probe
- NewsJuly 8, 2023Tragic Loss: Help Solve the Senseless Killing of Coconut Creek High School Student