By Kevin Deutsch
The teen, whose name is being withheld by Parkland Talk because he is a minor, sent a group text to other students on his phone stating: “I feel like school shooting tmrw.”
“When I sneeze it’s a signal go to the bathroom ok,” the student wrote, according to a probable cause affidavit filed by BSO. “I hope y’all arent snitches.”
Deputies wrote, the other students on the thread “saw the text messages and became concerned,” deputies wrote.
The threat was eventually reported to deputies, who found the teen at his family’s Parkland home. His parents were “upset” and “surprised” by what their son had allegedly done, according to BSO.
The teen confessed to sending the texts, according to the affidavit.
Deputies took him into custody and brought him to the Broward County Juvenile Assessment Center. The affidavit states that he faces one count of written threats to kill/conduct a mass shooting.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsDecember 2, 20232023 Holiday of Lights Caravan Coming to Coconut Creek
- NewsNovember 28, 2023Wrong-Way Crash Kills Coconut Creek Man
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Monarch High School Principal, Staffers Reassigned Amid Sports Probe
- NewsJuly 8, 2023Tragic Loss: Help Solve the Senseless Killing of Coconut Creek High School Student