By: Matt Rothman
After an incredible junior season with the Marjory Stoneman Douglas football team, Luke Evans officially committed to play college football with the University of Cincinnati.
The three-star recruit played this past season with the Eagles and is set to play at Chaminade Madonna High School for his senior year before attending college. Coincidentally at the same university as his father, Percy Evans.
Home 🐾🔴⚫️ @DB_CoachCoombs @PatLambert13 @CoachFick @Nadeboyz @Dameon8 @Andrew_Ivins @SWiltfong247 @ChadSimmons_ @JeremyO_Johnson @Williams_Justin @247Sports @On3Recruits pic.twitter.com/EhYibA3jOc
— Luke Evans (@LukeEvans_2) June 5, 2022
“It’s the best feeling to be committed to playing for such a well-respected college,” said Luke. “They are doing very special things over there, and I’m looking forward to being part of it.”
Luke only began playing football in 10th grade and quickly blossomed into one of the best in the country. During his ten games with the Eagles, he picked off four passes and had one fumble recovery helping the Eagles reach the State Playoffs.
Despite transferring prior to his senior season, Luke still is extremely thankful for Marjory Stoneman Douglas Head Coach Quentin Short, and the entire coaching staff who have been instrumental in his development.
After he graduates in 2023, Luke will be joining one of the nation’s top defenses that previously helped the Bearcats reach the College Football Playoff after starting the season out 13-0.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.26Coconut Creek Track and Field Competes in States for 1st Time Since 2018
- News2023.05.24North Broward Prep Student Named National Merit Finalist; 3 Seniors Announce College Picks
- News2023.05.05North Broward Prep Varsity and Middle School Baseball Win Championship; Former Star Makes MLB Debut
- News2023.04.213 Local Football Players Announce Commitment; 5 Players Selected to Showcases