By: Matt Rothman
It has been a great postseason run in tennis for the Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys and girls tennis teams.
While both teams won a District Championship, the girls won Regionals and advanced to the State semifinals. Tania Dumke started the Eagles run-in by winning Districts to advance to States.
Tania and partner Savita Bagirathan also won the #1 doubles title to qualify. In Regionals, the Eagles top four singles teams all won in Tania, Savita Bagirathan, Ava Sadaoui, and Maria Anzures.
In States, the Eagles fell behind 3-0 but won their final four matches to reach the States. Bagirathan, Sadaoui, and Heidi Dumke won their singles match.MSD also has received contributions from Manoela Ford, Daniella Tamim & Lexi Rose. The boy’s team consists of Dennis Oliviera, Connor Fox, Veda Ojha, Henry Leon, Matthew Baron, Emilio Llompart, and Daniel Platovsky.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.26Coconut Creek Track and Field Competes in States for 1st Time Since 2018
- News2023.05.24North Broward Prep Student Named National Merit Finalist; 3 Seniors Announce College Picks
- News2023.05.05North Broward Prep Varsity and Middle School Baseball Win Championship; Former Star Makes MLB Debut
- News2023.04.213 Local Football Players Announce Commitment; 5 Players Selected to Showcases