By: Matt Rothman
The Eagles’ best performance came from freshman David Leiva. He came in second place individually and was one of 12 wrestlers that made the podium.
Daniel Alvarez, Lorenzo Pelligrini, Vincent Dion, Charles Dion, and Tucker Jean came in fourth. Lenny Cipolla and Lucca Azzarelli were fifth, while Nick Melamed and Aris Skarecki finished in 6th.
The two other wrestlers in the top eight were Xander Kooby and Gabby Caro. Head Coach Ken Gendason was also proud of Christian Moncayo, who missed placing by one round alongside Lucas Siqueira.
“It took a total team effort to do what we did this weekend,” said Coach Gendason. “I couldn’t be any prouder, and I would like to give a huge thank you to my coaching staff Daniel Sanchez, Christian Baldwin, and Richard Garcia because, without them, none of this would be possible.”
Next, MSD will compete on Wednesday, February 2, at McArthur High School before competing in the Cypress Bay Tournament on Saturday, February 5.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 2, 2023Coconut Creek and Monarch Face-Off in Soccer; Basketball Season Begins
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Coconut Creek High School’s Football Team Incredible Season Ends in Regional Final
- NewsNovember 17, 2023Coconut Creek Football Highlights Incredible Week to Advance to Regional Championship
- NewsNovember 11, 2023Coconut Creek Football Wins Playoff Opener; Soccer Teams Begin Season