By: Matt Rothman
“To be able to say that I will be continuing the sport I love at a collegiate level is super exciting and honestly a relief,” said McCausland. “COVID had a huge impact on the recruitment process, and it was scary seeing a lot of my options fill up roster spots with fifth-year seniors.”
McCausland, who received the Alyssa Alhadeff Soccer Scholarship, plans on going down the pre-med track in college. After visiting the university and meeting the team, McCausland felt it was the best spot for the next four years.
McCausland began playing soccer when she was three and competing six years later. Starting with Team Boca while living in Pompano Beach, she then played for two years at Westglades Middle after moving to Parkland.
As a freshman, McCausland made the varsity team and has been terrific on defense, winning multiple District Championships. She is also a vital member of the Eagles 6-0-2 start this season.
“My time playing for MSD has been nothing short of amazing,” McCausland said. “I love the traditions, practices, competitive atmosphere, and all of the family that comes with being a Lady Eagle soccer player.”
Along with her family, she credits her coaches, Patrick Baker, Laura Rountree, trainer Tony Giachetti, and her teammates for keeping her motivated throughout her soccer career.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 2, 2023Coconut Creek and Monarch Face-Off in Soccer; Basketball Season Begins
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Coconut Creek High School’s Football Team Incredible Season Ends in Regional Final
- NewsNovember 17, 2023Coconut Creek Football Highlights Incredible Week to Advance to Regional Championship
- NewsNovember 11, 2023Coconut Creek Football Wins Playoff Opener; Soccer Teams Begin Season