By: Matt Rothman
North Broward Prep and Monarch High School soccer teams faced off on Friday in an exciting regular season matchup.
The NBP boys soccer team, who had only seven wins last year, recorded their eighth win this season with a 3-0 win over the Knights. The Eagles scored a pair of goals in the first half and then added another one in the second to move to 8-0-1. They will play Vero Beach High School in their final game before the holiday break on Monday, December 18, at 6 p.m.
The Indians are 4-2-2 this year and played to a 1-1 draw against NBP last year. Monarch is 6-4-1 this year and has matchups against Plantation and Pembroke Pines Charter before the holiday break. The Colonels are 5-2-1 this year, while the Jaguars are 4-2 this season.
The North Broward Prep girls soccer team improved to an 8-1-1 win following their largest margin of victory this season. They beat the Lady Knights 9-0 and have their only loss this year against Benjamin High School. The Eagles will also play Vero Beach High School on December 18 at 4 p.m. before playing their final game against Somerset Academy on Tuesday, December 19, before the holiday break. Monarch is 2-9 this year with wins over Deerfield Beach and Coconut Creek High School, outscoring their opponents 16-0 in the two games.
They will face Plantation High School on Monday, December 20 at 4 p.m. and then play six more games in 2023 before the start of the District Tournament.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 15, 20242-Time State Champion A.J. Cutler Makes College Pick
- NewsFebruary 7, 2024Coconut Creek High Wraps Up Winter Sports Season; Eye Success in the Spring
- NewsFebruary 4, 2024Monarch High School Cheerleading Team Places 3rd in State Championship
- NewsFebruary 2, 2024North Broward Prep Athletic Update: Girls Soccer Wins Districts, Historic Senior Night For Abelleira & More