By: Matt Rothman
The Parkland Pokers 8U baseball team picked up another championship this season in the Firecracker World Series in Melbourne on July 1-5,
The Pokers won their fifth straight tournament, reaching the final in six of their eight this season after previously winning the Perfect Game Coral Springs Tournament, South Florida League Champions, West Boca Summer Classic, and South Florida Summer Bash Championship.
“These kids have a no-quit attitude,” said Manager Craig Anderson. “Even if the kids are down three-to-four runs, they always fight back, and you just don’t see that at this age.” From player one to fifteen, they all do their part to contribute.”
The Pokers scored at least eight runs in their final three games. They beat Brazoria County 8-0 before beating 2022 Elite Diamond 9-7 and West Pines Cobras 8-5 in the Championship Game.
Their team consists of Levi Anderson, James Tremont, Landon Berger, Euro Granadillo, Jonathan Pierre, Cannon Allen, Giovanni Ross, Noah Norwood, Tyler Lasher, Max Goldberg, Christian Orozco, Isaiah Mejia, Mason Kessel, Jacob Pierre, and Brooks Luppino.
Next, the Pokers will be off until Labor Day, when they play their first tournament at the 9U Kids Pitch. Until then, the Pokers will continue to practice weekly and gear up for another season.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.26Coconut Creek Track and Field Competes in States for 1st Time Since 2018
- News2023.05.24North Broward Prep Student Named National Merit Finalist; 3 Seniors Announce College Picks
- News2023.05.05North Broward Prep Varsity and Middle School Baseball Win Championship; Former Star Makes MLB Debut
- News2023.04.213 Local Football Players Announce Commitment; 5 Players Selected to Showcases