By Jill Fox
Residents Glenn and Emily Basser want to raise the “bar” and give wine enthusiasts a world-class experience in Parkland.
Two years after opening Basser’s Fine Wine and Craft Beer, they decided to go even further by hosting their first food and wine festival — right down the street.
“I always wanted to do something where wineries get to show off their best wines and support local restaurants as well,” said Glenn, adding the event will feature over 150 world-class wines, local breweries, and cuisine from some of the best restaurants in the area.
Emily, who has been heavily involved in the community since moving to Heron Bay in 2012, previously taught at Heron Heights Elementary. Both her and Glenn have two children in Parkland schools.
“Glenn and I wanted to do something special here in the community where people could gather again safely and spend time together at a nice event close to home,” she said.
Basser’s Fine Wine First Annual Food and Wine Festival will be held on Sunday, October 24, at 12 p.m. at the Heron Bay Marriott in Coral Springs. Tickets including all food, wine, and beer tastings are $100 and can be purchased online or by calling the store at 954-840-3122. Attendees must be 21 years old.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsOctober 27, 202212-Year-Old Parkland Girl Fulfills Broadway Dream
- NewsSeptember 20, 2022Beloved Theater Mentor Loses Battle with Cancer
- EventsSeptember 7, 2022Moms ‘Wine Down’ With Some Mah Jongg and Mingling
- NewsAugust 19, 2022Beloved Theater Mentor Gets Support From Community During Cancer Battle