By: Matt Rothman
Most of the attention has been on fellow New York Yankees Aaron Judge record breaker, but Parkland’s Anthony Rizzo set a milestone for himself.
With Judge setting the American League record for 62 home runs in a season, Rizzo tied his personal record of 32 for the fourth time in his career. He achieved this in 2014, 2015, and 2017 with the Chicago Cubs and also finished the regular season with 75 RBIs and 77 runs scored.
Now in his second season with the New York Yankees, Rizzo has 283 homers in his career. The 2016 World Series Champion will also have another chance to compete in the playoffs this year.
After losing in the Wild Card Game in 2021, the Yankees won the AL East and are set to play the winner of the Tampa Bay Rays and Cleveland Guardians in the ALDS. This is the seventh time Rizzo will appear in the playoffs.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.26Coconut Creek Track and Field Competes in States for 1st Time Since 2018
- News2023.05.24North Broward Prep Student Named National Merit Finalist; 3 Seniors Announce College Picks
- News2023.05.05North Broward Prep Varsity and Middle School Baseball Win Championship; Former Star Makes MLB Debut
- News2023.04.213 Local Football Players Announce Commitment; 5 Players Selected to Showcases