By Agrippina Fadel
Parkland’s Back to School Splash Bash is a fun event for the whole family, with lots of waterslides, games and crafts, live music, and food trucks.
Held at the Equestrian Center on Saturday, September 17, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., the event is sponsored by Broward Health, Calvary Chapel, Carmona Smiles, and Coastal Community Church.
DJ Aaron Shapiro will spin the records while Bobby’s Hotdogs and Kona Ice serve up the perfect pool party grub.
Todd DeAngelis, City of Parkland Director of Communications, said the Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Rescue would be on hand to fill up all the tanks. “So, you might say they put the “splash” in the Back to School Splash Bash,” he added.
DeAngelis said the city had hosted the event for the past eight years, and it is always a lot of fun.
“In a way, it bridges the gap between the seasons, the end of Summer break, and the beginning of the new school year,” he said, adding that the Splash Bash is a great occasion to bring the kids and interact with the neighbors.
“The kids love it, of course, but the parents have a great time too. If you’re seeking photo opportunities, this event will provide a year’s worth of photos of the kids. The smiles you see on kids’ faces at this event are priceless,” said DeAngelis.
The Equestrian Center is located at 8350 Ranch Road. The event is free and open to all ages.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.05.20Dog of the Week: Survivor of Hoarding Case Seeks a Loving Home
- News2023.05.06From Engine Troubles to Kitten Cuddles: The Heartwarming Story of Coconut Creek Police Rescue Mission
- News2023.05.02Safeguard Your Identity: Shred Documents at Coconut Creek Police Event
- News2023.05.01Reel in the Best Seafood in Coconut Creek at The Fish Joint