By Sharon Aron Baron
The Coconut Creek Community Center is set to host an educational art program for young aspiring artists titled “Pastel Perspectives.”
This initiative aims to introduce participants aged 7 to 14 to the world of oil pastels, where they can explore this versatile medium and learn various techniques, including blending, color mixing, stippling, and more.
Held at the Community Center at 1100 Lyons Road, the program runs on Tuesdays from January 23 through February 27 and is divided into two sessions to accommodate different age groups. Session I, designed for children aged 7 to 10, will take place from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Session II, catering to participants aged 11 to 14, will follow from 7:45 p.m. to 9:15 p.m.
One of the attractive features of the “Pastel Perspectives” program is that it includes sketchbooks and oil pastels, ensuring that young artists have all the necessary materials to get started on their creative journey.
Participation costs $65 per session for Coconut Creek residents and $85 per session for non-residents. It’s important to note that credit card payments are the only payment method currently accepted, with cash or checks not being an option.
Registration for “Pastel Perspectives” is open until full, with a limit of ten participants per session to ensure a high-quality learning experience. Interested individuals can register online at CoconutCreek.net/Webtrac or by visiting the Community Center or the Recreation Complex at 4455 Sol Press Boulevard. It’s essential to have a WebTrac account in advance for online registration, and those in need of assistance with setting up an account can contact the Community Center at 954-545-6670 for guidance.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Celebrate Coconut Creek’s Butterfly Festival with Fun, Food and Fireworks
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Coconut Creek Holds Touch-A-Truck Extravaganza for 2024
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024New Women’s Pickleball League Launches in Coconut Creek
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a Family-Friendly Workshop in Coconut Creek