By Sharon Aron Baron
Coconut Creek is set to host a special crafting event designed to bring families together for Valentine’s Day.
The one-day event, “Heartfelt Handicrafts,” invites children aged 3 to 7, accompanied by a parent, to create Valentine’s Day cards and other crafts for their loved ones.
Scheduled for Monday, February 12, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., the event will be held at the Community Center at 1100 Lyons Road. In a push to encourage participation and ease of access, all necessary crafting supplies will be provided by the organizers. Each child must be accompanied by a parent, ensuring an engaging and supervised experience for all attendees.
The event comes with a $25 fee for residents of Coconut Creek and $35 for non-residents. Only credit card payments are accepted, excluding options for cash or check payments. The fee covers the cost of materials and the use of the Community Center facilities.
Register promptly, as the event is limited to just 15 participants. Registrations can be made online through the city’s WebTrac system or by walk-in at the Community Center or the Recreation Complex at 4455 Sol Press Boulevard.
Those interested in registering online must have a WebTrac account and are encouraged to set one up in advance if they do not have one. For assistance setting up an account, the Community Center can be contacted at 954-545-6670.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Celebrate Coconut Creek’s Butterfly Festival with Fun, Food and Fireworks
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Coconut Creek Holds Touch-A-Truck Extravaganza for 2024
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024New Women’s Pickleball League Launches in Coconut Creek
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a Family-Friendly Workshop in Coconut Creek