By Sharon Aron Baron
The Humane Society of Broward County is home to two special poodle companions and an extraordinary rabbit, each seeking their forever homes.
Meet Kilo (ID 668183) and Dito (ID 668184), a bonded pair of mature poodles aged 13 and 10, weighing 10 and 19 pounds, respectively.
This inseparable duo’s journey to the Humane Society began at a county shelter, from which they were transferred in a state of distress caused by skin conditions related to flea infestations.
Fortunately, Kilo and Dito were chosen to participate in a skin study program at VCA Animal Hospitals. Thanks to the top-tier care and attention they received there, their skin conditions improved remarkably, looking a thousand times better than before.
Alongside their skin treatments, the pair were treated to dental care and grooming. However, Kilo was diagnosed with hypothyroidism – a condition where the pet produces insufficient thyroid hormone – requiring daily medication going forward.
Despite their past hardships, Kilo and Dito remain lively and playful. Eager to find a home to spend their golden years, these two are full of spirit and ready to offer unconditional love to their future family.
Nassau, a hefty 15-pound bunny, is also for adoption. This striking female, who staff believes may be a Flemish giant, holds the record as one of the largest rabbits ever received at HSBC. Nassau was found as a stray, and her past is largely unknown. However, her present is full of social interactions and endless petting, as she enjoys spending time with children in the Humane Society’s camp.
To potentially meet and adopt Kilo, Dito, Nassau, or any other pet in need, complete a pre-adoption application at www.humanebroward.com. The Humane Society of Broward County, located at 2070 Griffin Road, opens its adoption kennels daily at 11 a.m. For any inquiries, please call 954-989-3977 ext. 6.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsSeptember 29, 2023Feeling Lucky? Powerball Jackpot Surges to $960 Million
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Coconut Creek Launches Pickleball Leagues This Fall
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Coconut Creek’s Hometown Market Returns on October 7
- NewsSeptember 19, 2023Meet Grace and Kona: Pets Who Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County