By: Matt Rothman
It was a special season for Marjory Stoneman Douglas’ wrestler Gaby Caro, who reached the State Finals on Saturday.
Caro pinned two opponents and won 11-2 in three matches before falling in the final to the 11th ranked wrestler in the nation, Kaley Reeves.
“Gaby did an outstanding job and gave it all she had,” said Head Coach Ken Gendason. “We like to thank the entire MSD wrestling team for an outstanding season.”
She qualified for States after winning the first-ever Florida High School Athletic Association Girls Sanctioned Regional Championship on February 19. She will still have two more years on the varsity wrestling team before graduating in 2024.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 award-winning news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship