By: Matt Rothman
Fall sports are underway at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, with the girl’s volleyball team picking up their first win on Wednesday.
The Eagles defeated Everglades High School 25-9, 25-15, 25-11 after falling in their opening match to South Plantation High School.
Next, the Eagles will travel to Coral Glades to take on the Jaguars on Thursday, September 1, at 6 p.m.
The Jaguars are coming off their first win on the season with their new head coach Brianna Dawson after defeating Nova High School on Wednesday. These teams met twice last year, with the teams splitting the two matches. However, the Eagles got their win in the postseason to advance to the District Final, where they fell to West Boca Raton High School.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship