By: Matt Rothman
The Parkland Pokers 13U baseball team has been red-hot of late and recently picked up their second championship in the past month.
Previously winning the Prospect Wire Treasure Coast Classic on November 4 in Fort Pierce, the Pokers outscored their opponents 56-4 in the tournament.
Ryan Guthrie and Nick Fernandez each pitched in two games before Cade Raley and Reid Dadic shined in the final. Jackson Taylor, Blayden Cabellero, Gavin Andreu, David Rodriguez, Raley, Jorge Kau, and Dadic all hit home runs.
Then, the Pokers competed in a Perfect Game Holiday Classic Tournament in Coral Springs, winning the championship on Sunday.
Cabellero won his second tournament MVP while Marcus Hall and Dadic pitched outstanding in the final. Raley and Andreu each sparked the offense all weekend.
“When you stick to that process with attention to detail along with a team-first atmosphere, the winning takes care of itself,” said Head Coach Greg Raley. “It’s always about the players. They are the ones competing and getting the job done out on the field.”
Next, the Pokers will play their last fall season event in the Perfect Game East Christmas Bash from December 17-19 in Fort Myers.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship