By: Matt Rothman
The Coconut Creek High School football team had an incredible season and was rewarded with having four players compete in the BCAA All-Star Game on Thursday.
The Cougars went 10-3 this year and reached the Final of Regionals before falling to St. Thomas Aquinas High School. Seniors Jamarie Hostzclaw, James Hayes, Elijah Cannon, and Damainie Wilson played major parts in that this year.
Hostzclaw, committed to Alabama State University, was the team’s leading rusher, while James Hayes shined at quarterback with 22 touchdown passes. Cannon and Wilson were key defenders and will play college football at Florida Atlantic University and Georgia State University.
Sara Joseph and Makiyah Shaw were also selected as cheerleaders at the All-Star Game.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 15, 20242-Time State Champion A.J. Cutler Makes College Pick
- NewsFebruary 7, 2024Coconut Creek High Wraps Up Winter Sports Season; Eye Success in the Spring
- NewsFebruary 4, 2024Monarch High School Cheerleading Team Places 3rd in State Championship
- NewsFebruary 2, 2024North Broward Prep Athletic Update: Girls Soccer Wins Districts, Historic Senior Night For Abelleira & More