By: Matt Rothman
The Coconut Creek High School football team clinched the District Championship against Deerfield Beach High School with a resounding 52-8 win. Their star runner immediately announced his commitment.
Jamarie Hostzclaw, who ran for 207 yards and four touchdowns, is officially headed to Arizona State University. The senior has been on the varsity football team for two years and shined earlier this season against Western High School with over 100 yards rushing. As a junior, Hostzclaw carried the ball 69 times for 444 yards and four touchdowns.
The Cougars are now 8-2 and will continue their quest toward a State Championship. They will await to see who they will be playing and where they will be seeded for the upcoming postseason while ASU competes in the Pac-12 and has a record of 1-6 this season.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 2, 2023Coconut Creek and Monarch Face-Off in Soccer; Basketball Season Begins
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Coconut Creek High School’s Football Team Incredible Season Ends in Regional Final
- NewsNovember 17, 2023Coconut Creek Football Highlights Incredible Week to Advance to Regional Championship
- NewsNovember 11, 2023Coconut Creek Football Wins Playoff Opener; Soccer Teams Begin Season