By Kevin Deutsch
A Boca Raton woman was arrested in Parkland after she tried to bribe her way out of a drunk driving arrest, court records show.
Deputies pulled over Danilina Marina, 39, in her white 2019 Toyota Camry after she struck a traffic sign, ran a stop sign, and collided with a guardrail on University Drive near Hillsboro Boulevard on Nov. 18, according to an arrest affidavit filed by the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
Marina had slurred speech, glossy eyes, couldn’t maintain a conversation, and smelled of alcohol, according to deputies.
She performed poorly on field sobriety tests, according to BSO, and was placed in handcuffs. That’s when she began asking a deputy not to arrest her, telling him that jail wasn’t an option, according to the affidavit.
“She stated that she was a single mother and for me not to do this,” the deputy wrote.
“Danilina kept asking what was her options to get out of this, how much money did she have to pay, and if I could just take her home,” the deputy wrote.
“How much do I have to pay you to not go to jail?” Marina allegedly asked.
Marina was charged with bribery of a public servant, DUI, disobeying a stop sign, and DUI with property damage.
She was taken to the Broward Main Jail and released on a $6,000 bond, records show.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsFebruary 26, 2024Woman Gets Chilly Reception from Coconut Creek Police After Robbing Dairy Queen at Gunpoint
- NewsFebruary 13, 2024Coconut Creek Man Targeted in Online Sexual Extortion Scam
- NewsFebruary 9, 2024Romance Scammer Cons Coconut Creek Woman
- NewsJanuary 17, 2024Motorcycle Stolen From Coconut Creek Recovered in Miami