By Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coconut Creek has announced the formation of the Creek Volleyball Club, an initiative aiming to promote sports and community engagement among adults.
The Creek Volleyball Club offers open-play volleyball sessions specifically tailored for adult men and women aged 18 and over.
These sessions are scheduled every Wednesday from January 24 through May 1, with a brief hiatus on March 13. Participants can engage in the sport from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., making it accessible for those with daytime commitments.
Participants can choose between a 14-week session priced at $45 for Coconut Creek residents ($55 for non-residents), which includes a complimentary shirt, or opt for a daily rate of $5 for residents and $10 for non-residents. It is important to note that the club currently accepts only credit card payments, excluding cash or check options.
Held at the Recreation Complex located at 4455 Sol Press Boulevard, the club has a cap of 40 participants per day, emphasizing the need for early registration. Interested individuals can register online at CoconutCreek.net/WebTrac or the Recreation Complex, or the Community Center at 1100 Lyons Road. Online registrants need a WebTrac account, and assistance in setting up this account can be obtained by contacting the Recreation Complex.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Celebrate Coconut Creek’s Butterfly Festival with Fun, Food and Fireworks
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Coconut Creek Holds Touch-A-Truck Extravaganza for 2024
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024New Women’s Pickleball League Launches in Coconut Creek
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a Family-Friendly Workshop in Coconut Creek