By Sharon Aron Baron
Calling all basketball enthusiasts aged 30 and above. The eagerly awaited Men’s 30+ Basketball League is set to kick off this winter and spring.
Organized by the City of Coconut Creek, this league promises a season of competitive basketball action, camaraderie, and sportsmanship.
Scheduled to run every Monday from January 8 through May 20, the league offers a unique opportunity for players to showcase their skills and passion for the game. With a few exceptions, including January 15, February 19, and March 18, when no games are scheduled, participants can expect an action-packed schedule.
Games are scheduled at the Recreation Complex at 4455 Sol Press Boulevard. The league has designed a range of game times to accommodate players’ schedules, featuring slots at 7:00 p.m., 8:00 p.m., and 9:00 p.m.
To secure a spot in the league, teams must submit a team fee of $500. It’s important to note that only credit card payments will be accepted, with no cash or checks currently being processed. The team fee must be paid in full upon registration. Teams must consist of a minimum of 5 players and cannot exceed a maximum of 10 players.
In the spirit of fostering team unity, each participating team is responsible for providing matching and numbered shirts. Shirt colors and team names are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Early registration is therefore encouraged to ensure the best options for your team’s identity.
Registration can be completed online at CoconutCreek.net/WebTrac or in person through a walk-in at the Recreation Complex or the Community Center, located at 1100 Lyons Road.
For online registration, having a WebTrac account is essential before proceeding. If you need assistance setting up a WebTrac account, the staff at the Recreation Complex can be reached at 954-956-1580.
For further inquiries and information about the Men’s 30+ Basketball League, interested individuals can call 954-956-1580. Additionally, updates and details can be found on the official website at CoconutCreek.net/Parks.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsSeptember 29, 2023Feeling Lucky? Powerball Jackpot Surges to $960 Million
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Coconut Creek Launches Pickleball Leagues This Fall
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Coconut Creek’s Hometown Market Returns on October 7
- NewsSeptember 19, 2023Meet Grace and Kona: Pets Who Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County