By Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coconut Creek is setting the stage for a spooktacular pre-Halloween Monster Mash.
The event, scheduled for Friday, October 27, promises a ghostly evening full of fun, frolic, and fantasy and is open to enthusiasts of all ages.
From 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., attendees can delve into a plethora of activities designed to cater to the Halloween spirit. The lineup includes a costume contest that encourages attendees to don their best spooky attires, arts and crafts to channel inner creativity, trick-or-treating for those sweet delights, photo ops for memorable captures, spooky storytelling sessions that are sure to give goosebumps, and carnival-style games for some lively competition.
While the event welcomes everyone, those below 18 years need to be registered by their parent or guardian. Coconut Creek residents can secure a spot for $5 per person. For non-residents, the fee is set at $10. However, the event organizers have mentioned that only credit card payments will be accepted.
The event takes place at the Community Center located at 1100 Lyons Road. Residents can register for the event until it reaches capacity or until the day itself. However, non-residents must wait until October 9 to register, provided space is left.
There will be no on-the-spot registration on the day of the event. Those who have registered must ensure that the parent or guardian of the household is present with valid identification, and the entire party should be present before check-in.
Those eager to register can do so online through the CoconutCreek.net/WebTrac portal. If you don’t have a WebTrac account, you must create one before registering. Alternatively, walk-in registrations are accepted at the Community Center and the Recreation Complex located at 4455 Sol Press Boulevard. If you run into any issues setting up your WebTrac account or need more information, the Community Center can be reached at 954-545-6670.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Celebrate Coconut Creek’s Butterfly Festival with Fun, Food and Fireworks
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Coconut Creek Holds Touch-A-Truck Extravaganza for 2024
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024New Women’s Pickleball League Launches in Coconut Creek
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a Family-Friendly Workshop in Coconut Creek