By Agrippina Fadel
Coconut Creek residents and business owners are invited to participate in an upcoming Open Forum as part of the city’s Ambassador Program, where they can gather insights, raise questions, and discuss matters important to the community.
Held on Thursday, July 14, from 5.30 to 6.30 p.m. in the commission chambers of the Coconut Creek Government Center, the meeting is open to the public. The open forum will allow current and aspiring ambassadors to get an update on past topics and bring their questions and concerns to the city staff.
Yvonne Lopez, Coconut Creek’s Community Relations Director, said the Ambassador Program allows participants to brainstorm, discuss, and interact with staff and other residents on topics most important to Coconut Creek.
She said ambassadors are empowered with the knowledge and tools to be effective in their spheres of influence regarding city issues. The program focuses on the strategies outlined in the city’s Strategic Plan, Vision 2030, which enjoyed the engagement of residents, the business community, elected officials, and staff.
“Together, we achieve our vision of being an innovative, inclusive, and progressive community with a small-town personal touch,” said Lopez, adding that the program launched in June 2022 and is open to all residents and business owners. There are currently 226 registrants.
Ambassador meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month. Residents who attend meetings and other city functions are recognized for their dedication and time during city commission meetings. All ambassador meetings are open to the public.
Interested residents can register online or in the Commission Chamber lobby immediately before an ambassador meeting. Coconut Creek Government Center is located at 4800 West Copans Road.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsAugust 21, 2023Mix, Mingle, and Make Connections at Firegrills After-Hours Networking Event
- NewsAugust 20, 2023Reel in the Best Seafood in Coconut Creek at The Fish Joint
- NewsJuly 15, 20237th Grader and Her ‘Heart Horse’ Leap Towards Olympic Dreams, Seek Sponsorship to Overcome Sport’s Economic Hurdles
- NewsJuly 9, 2023Coconut Creek’s Ambassador Program Hosts Open Forum Event July 14