By: Matt Rothman
Not often do teams have four freshmen on varsity, but Marjory Stoneman Douglas girl basketball had all four of theirs record points in their 32-18 road victory on Monday.
Stella Marvel led the team again with 11 points, while Riley Mclarry, Ava Mangone, and Adyson Zajkowski combined for five. The Eagles also had Julia Kayser, Leah Dubreuze, Cayja McFarlane, Caitlyn Dalton, and Ofek Gur contribute offensively.
The Eagles are now 4-7 this year and snapped their second three-game losing streak this year.
Next, MSD will have a week off before their game against Hallandale High School on Wednesday, January 19 at 6 p.m before the Eagles host senior night the following day against Coconut Creek High School.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 2, 2023Coconut Creek and Monarch Face-Off in Soccer; Basketball Season Begins
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Coconut Creek High School’s Football Team Incredible Season Ends in Regional Final
- NewsNovember 17, 2023Coconut Creek Football Highlights Incredible Week to Advance to Regional Championship
- NewsNovember 11, 2023Coconut Creek Football Wins Playoff Opener; Soccer Teams Begin Season