By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys’ golf team was incredible in the Broward County Athletic Association Damien Huttenhoff Golf Classic at the Country Club of Coral Springs.
On Monday, the team finished with a team score of 288, with three Eagles finishing in the top three individually. T.J. Thompson was the lone player to shoot under par with a 68 (-2). Dylan Marrone shot a 71 to come in second, while Ryan Shimony recorded a 72. Jayden Thursingham recorded a 77 to round out the scoring, while freshman Josh Lieberman shot a 79.
St. Thomas Aquinas, who came in second, finished 17 shots back of MSD, while Western High School came in third.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 29, 2024NBP Boys Basketball Historic Season Ends in Triple Overtime in State Semifinals
- NewsFebruary 28, 2024North Broward Prep Continues Domination With 3 Championships
- NewsFebruary 15, 20242-Time State Champion A.J. Cutler Makes College Pick
- NewsFebruary 7, 2024Coconut Creek High Wraps Up Winter Sports Season; Eye Success in the Spring