By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas football finished off the regular season with their sixth straight win Friday night against Coral Glades.
The Eagles move to 7-3 and head into the postseason as one of the hottest teams in Broward Country. During their streak, they have scored 242 points and have allowed seven points or less in five of the six games.
“I told the guys very proud of them,” said Head Coach Quentin Short. “We won six in a row, and we just kept grinding to get in the playoffs. This senior class has been part of a playoff experience every season. Now we got to get a win in the playoffs.”
Ryan Spallina recorded a 26-yard touchdown pass to Clayton Cannon Jr. Justin Spano had three rushing touchdowns and accumulated over 150 yards on the ground, while Ben Mccullers had one score. The Eagles rushed for 272 yards in the game.
Next, MSD will await the final high school football rankings to see who they will compete against in the postseason. The brackets are set to be released on Sunday, Nov. 6, at 11 a.m.
MSD has made it to the playoffs every year under Coach Short but are looking to get their first win.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.26Coconut Creek Track and Field Competes in States for 1st Time Since 2018
- News2023.05.24North Broward Prep Student Named National Merit Finalist; 3 Seniors Announce College Picks
- News2023.05.05North Broward Prep Varsity and Middle School Baseball Win Championship; Former Star Makes MLB Debut
- News2023.04.213 Local Football Players Announce Commitment; 5 Players Selected to Showcases