By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls’ soccer team shined to begin their season with an 8-0 win over Monarch High School on Monday.
The Eagles, who went 12-2-3 last year and made it to Regionals, have started the season 1-0 for the third straight season. Grace Dykstra recorded a pair of goals while Taylor Le, Brenna Gordon, Morgan Goldman, Sophia Lowry, Jackie Destefano, and Addison Krajczewski all had one.
The rest of the team consists of Natalie Block, Katelyn Campanella, Lilly Conn, Sophia Dal Molin, Laina Engelbart, Alessia Frenquelluci, Alexa Jourdan, Taylor Le, Emma McGregor, Sophia Perez, Emily Rodriguez, Layla Segelnick, Ella Stevens and Kenslee Ward.
Head Coach Laura Rountree felt the team came out with a lot of energy and excitement to play, and they moved the ball around nicely. It was a great team effort.
“We are very young and energetic, working hard to make progress and get better daily,” Rountree said. “We are working on getting to know each other and read each other’s tendencies and are developing a positive cohesiveness and team chemistry.”
Next, the Eagles will take on Cypress Bay High School on Thursday, Nov. 10, at 6 p.m. This will be a rematch from last year’s Regional Semifinals game. The Lightning opened their season on Tuesday, Nov. 8 but fell in an exhibition game against North Broward Prep.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.26Coconut Creek Track and Field Competes in States for 1st Time Since 2018
- News2023.05.24North Broward Prep Student Named National Merit Finalist; 3 Seniors Announce College Picks
- News2023.05.05North Broward Prep Varsity and Middle School Baseball Win Championship; Former Star Makes MLB Debut
- News2023.04.213 Local Football Players Announce Commitment; 5 Players Selected to Showcases