By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys soccer team qualified for Regionals for the second straight season.
The Eagles went 8-2-1 but were upset by Coral Glades in the District Semifinals’ penalty kicks. However, they come in as the sixth seed and will play Dr. Michael Krop Senior High School in Miami.
This season, MSD had wins over Fort Lauderdale, Monarch, Pembroke Pines Charter, J.P. Taravella, Western, Nova, Coral Glades, and Cooper City High School. The Eagles outscored their opponents 33-2 in their eight victories.
Kickoff for the Regional Quarterfinals will be on Wednesday, February 9 at 7 p.m. Dr. Krop went 10-3 this season and won their District Final game in penalty kicks against Christopher Columbus High School on December 3.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.26Coconut Creek Track and Field Competes in States for 1st Time Since 2018
- News2023.05.24North Broward Prep Student Named National Merit Finalist; 3 Seniors Announce College Picks
- News2023.05.05North Broward Prep Varsity and Middle School Baseball Win Championship; Former Star Makes MLB Debut
- News2023.04.213 Local Football Players Announce Commitment; 5 Players Selected to Showcases