By Sharon Aron Baron
Home builder Minto Communities USA, located in Coconut Creek, raised $30,000 for the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve’s annual Toys for Tots program on December 8.
The money is donated by employees and then matched by the Minto Foundation. For the fourth year in a row, Minto Communities presented a check during the WPLG-TV Big Bus Toy Express held this year. Reporters from the South Florida ABC affiliate spent the entire day traveling throughout Miami-Dade and Broward counties in a big tour bus, stopping off at different locations to pick up donated toys and doing live reports.
Mike Belmont, president of Minto Communities USA, said they were proud to support a wonderful cause again this year. “The need in the community is great, and we are happy to do our part to bring joy to kids during Christmas.”
Sgt. Immanuel Martin, South Florida Toys for Tots coordinator, thanked Minto Communities for stepping up year after year to support the program and the children in our community who might otherwise go without having a gift to open on Christmas.
In 2022, the Marine Corps Reserves distributed 237,244 new, unwrapped toys to over 126,000 children in Miami-Dade and Broward counties. The goal is to increase the number of kids it serves in 2023.
Minto is located at 4400 W Sample Rd #200 in Coconut Creek.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Celebrate Coconut Creek’s Butterfly Festival with Fun, Food and Fireworks
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Coconut Creek Holds Touch-A-Truck Extravaganza for 2024
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024New Women’s Pickleball League Launches in Coconut Creek
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a Family-Friendly Workshop in Coconut Creek