Play some golf and support a good cause at the fourth annual BigRed2 Charity Golf tournament.
N.I.C.K.’s Camp is for children with serious illnesses to enjoy a summer camp experience in a safe and medically-sound environment. In Jacob’s Shoes is a nonprofit that provides shoes, backpacks, athletic gear, and school supplies to South Florida children in need.
Harlene Zweig, president of In Jacob’s Shoes, said the charity is grateful for the support from Big Red2 co-chairmen Seth Fellman and Todd Widom.
Fellman is CEO of the Morlin Hospitality Group. Widom is a former tennis pro turned coach, and in an earlier interview with Parkland Talk, both joked about how they are often mistaken for brothers.
Widom said when he moved from Coral Springs to Parkland, it wasn’t long before someone at the Parkland Golf & Country Club suggested there was another red-haired gentleman he really ought to meet.
“Even though I’m a generation younger, we share a lot in common,” said Widom.
He described how the two loved golf and were dismayed one day to find they couldn’t enjoy their favorite sport due to a charity event in progress.
The tournament is held on Monday, February 7, at the Parkland Golf and Country Club. Registration and lunch at 10.30 a.m., followed by a shotgun start at noon. Individual golf registration is $250, including a full day of golf, activities, cocktail hour, and awards dinner for one person.
“Their annual charity golf tournament is first class and gives back to the local community,” said Zweig. “Last year, the donations from the event provided 700 local kids in need with shoes and school supplies. We’re looking forward to another successful event,” she said.
Tournament players can win a Bentley for the weekend and other prizes with the silent auction and raffles. Register and learn about different ways to sponsor the cause here.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsOctober 24, 2023Broward County Animal Care Hosts Free Howl-o-ween Adoption Event
- NewsOctober 17, 2023The Fish Joint Dives Deep for Down Syndrome, Joining the Wave of Support
- NewsAugust 21, 2023Mix, Mingle, and Make Connections at Firegrills After-Hours Networking Event
- NewsAugust 20, 2023Reel in the Best Seafood in Coconut Creek at The Fish Joint