By: Matt Rothman
For the second straight season, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys volleyball team won the District Championship.
The Eagles, who started the season 0-3 and later had a four-game losing streak after spring break, defeated Deerfield Beach in the semifinals. They then went on to defeat top-ranked Coral Springs High School in the final.
MSD moved to 5-8 this year and will compete in Regionals after falling to Boca Raton Community High School in 2021. They will play American Heritage School in the Regional Quarterfinals on Tuesday, May 3 at 4 p.m. The Stallions went 13-6 this past season but fell to Boca Raton in the District Final.
For Coral Springs, they finished the regular season with a record of 15-5. They previously beat Coral Springs Charter in the semifinals. The 16 wins were the most the Colts had since they won 18 in 2018 and will play the Bobcats on Tuesday, May 3 at 7 p.m.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.26Monarch High School’s Brayden Slade Commits to Dream School
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick