Mah Jongg and Mingle at Family Bagels of Long Island
By Jill Fox
Need a break from the holidays? Join other moms for a night off, complete with Mah Jongg and wine.
Mah Jongg, a table game similar to rummy, is played with tiles rather than cards. Most women would agree the typical goal is to assemble a winning combination of tiles over tasty snacks and occasional gossip.
The evening of friends, food, and fun takes place at Family Bagels of Long Island on Tuesday, January 4, at 7 p.m.
Those who already know how to play or need to find a fourth, are welcome to attend the evening event, which includes wine, small bites, meeting other Mah Jongg enthusiasts, raffles, and more.
Anyone interested in learning the game will receive a beginners’ Mah Jongg lesson with professional instruction, practice gameplay, Mah Jongg supplies, and more.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsOctober 27, 202212-Year-Old Parkland Girl Fulfills Broadway Dream
- NewsSeptember 20, 2022Beloved Theater Mentor Loses Battle with Cancer
- EventsSeptember 7, 2022Moms ‘Wine Down’ With Some Mah Jongg and Mingling
- NewsAugust 19, 2022Beloved Theater Mentor Gets Support From Community During Cancer Battle