By Jill Fox
Now in its fourth year, Parkland is once again holding its annual ‘Light up the Park’ event with more fun for the whole family.
On Friday, December 10, from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., food trucks, bounce houses, and space for families to sit back, relax, and enjoy the view from the great lawn is included in the free event. Attendees can wear their favorite ugly sweater and be entered into a raffle.
The special night will include entertainment from local schools and organizations, including appearances by holiday characters.
Nick Williams, the coordinator for parks and recreation, is excited about the return of the family-friendly event.
“We welcome our community to join us as we celebrate the holiday season through music, food, and fun at Pine Trails Park,” he said.
Residents are welcome to bring their lawn chairs or blankets for seating at the Parkland Amphitheater, where they’ll watch the lights turn on together as a community.
The Parkland Amphitheater is located inside Pine Trails Park at 10561 Trails End.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsOctober 27, 202212-Year-Old Parkland Girl Fulfills Broadway Dream
- NewsSeptember 20, 2022Beloved Theater Mentor Loses Battle with Cancer
- EventsSeptember 7, 2022Moms ‘Wine Down’ With Some Mah Jongg and Mingling
- NewsAugust 19, 2022Beloved Theater Mentor Gets Support From Community During Cancer Battle