By: Matt Rothman
Monarch High School football officially had two players commit to play college football on Saturday.
After committing to Edward Waters University in Jacksonville, he told Coconut Creek Talk, “It feels great. Not many people get the opportunity to compete at any level of football after high school, so it’s just a blessing that I have the opportunity to do so.”
Winchester began playing football when he was eight, and while he didn’t love it at first, he quickly realized that this was what he wanted to do. He spent two years on the varsity football team and helped lead the Knights to their second District Championship in school history. For him, EWU was an easy decision.
“They have a family aspect of the program,’ Winchester said. “Most programs treat football as a business, but at EWU, it’s all about family — and graduating.”
He announced he would play at Presbyterian College in Clinton, South Carolina. “It feels great to commit,” he said. “It’s a dream come true to play Division I football. I’ve worked really hard these past few years, and I’m just blessed and honored to be able to play [at this] level.”
Attawalla began playing football during his freshman year of high school. After spending three years at Deerfield Beach High School, he transferred to Monarch for his final season. Playing on the offensive line this year, Attawalla shined protecting Broward County Player of the Year A.J Hairston. He also helped block for running Back Willie Reed, who rushed for nearly 1,000 yards.
Got News in Coconut Creek? Send it Here. Keep reading NW Broward County’s #1 News Sites: Parkland Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship