By: Matt Rothman
With the postseason starting for football and soccer season beginning, it was another busy week at Coconut Creek High School.
Jaramie Hostzclaw, who recently announced his commitment, opened the scoring with a rushing touchdown. James Hayes then took over rushing for a score and tossed a touchdown pass to Eirik Simmons in a 42-point first half.
Coconut Creek has now won five in a row and has outscored their opponents 220-42, with 28 of those points coming against West Boca Raton High School.
Those two are set to play Atlantic High School in their next game on Friday, November 17, at 7 p.m. The Bulls stunned second-seed Atlantic High School 23-22, scoring on a last-second hail mary after going 8-2 in the regular season.
After winning nine games last season, the boys soccer team began their season this week. Their win also came against Piper on Wednesday, 5-2, with Cehnari Brown recording a hat-trick. Dickinson Alexandre had a goal and two assists, while Schwenley Joseph scored once. The Cougars fell in their first game 5-2 against Coral Glades on Monday, with Alexandre and Brown scoring. The two players also combined for 12 shots.
The girls soccer team struggled in their two games, losing 9-0 against Coral Glades and Piper after winning only one game last season. Next, the boys will play Fort Lauderdale High School on Tuesday, November 14, at 4 p.m., while the girls will play Piper again on Thursday, November 16 at 4 p.m.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 2, 2023Coconut Creek and Monarch Face-Off in Soccer; Basketball Season Begins
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Coconut Creek High School’s Football Team Incredible Season Ends in Regional Final
- NewsNovember 17, 2023Coconut Creek Football Highlights Incredible Week to Advance to Regional Championship
- NewsNovember 11, 2023Coconut Creek Football Wins Playoff Opener; Soccer Teams Begin Season